Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day one.

And we're off. Today will mark my entrance into the virtual world of blogging. I never thought I would be a blogger, but here I am blogging away. I started this site so I can talk about things of interest to me, that might be of interest to you. You might have guessed by the name, that I will be conversating about things local to San Diego, specifically in the realms of food and gardening.

This morning I embarked on planting a garden based solely on rubbish from my kitchen, and water that would have otherwise gone down the drain. I will be posting pics (as soon as my tomatoes decide to be a little more camera ready) as well as how to's on how to get started on your own.

Along with that - I will be posting recipes and videos on things I come up with in the kitchen. My specialty seems to lie in what I like to call Pantry Fusion - putting delicious things together when it looks like your cupboards are bare. Stay tuned! It should get pretty interesting.

I think I may have read to much Ruth Reichel a few years back, and ever since I have wanted to write a restaurant review. Sounds so much better than critique dontcha think? So tonight will mark the first of that as well. I will be attending the Mad River tasting dinner this evening at the Linkery in North Park. The Linkery has never let me down - so I am looking forward to relaying the experience in words.

Traveling. I love to travel. I consider myself a travel slut. So as I embark on my adventures I will include you in where I go, what I eat, who I meet - and whatever else may happen along the way.

So here we are, day one. Feel free to throw any questions at me you may have or ideas for future blogs.

See ya soon.
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment